Fighting For Our Students, Teachers, & Support Staff!
My name is Minh Ngo and I am running for the Milpitas Unified School Board. In August 2019, I was selected to serve on the board due to the departure of a board member. I served as an active board member for two months until a special election was requested. I am pleased to announce my candidacy and I hope to win your vote in the March 3, 2020 election!
For more information, please visit my Facebook page:
Leadership, integrity, and commitment are three major assets that I will bring as a board member. As a director in one of America’s leading financial institutions, I lead a team that is responsible for risk assessment and I am a mentor to new talent. As an active member of the Parent Teacher Organization, School Site Council, and Community Board Advisory Council, I have a pulse on the issues that our district faces and this allows me to make better informed decisions as a board member. And as a parent of three young children, my wife and I plan to be here in Milpitas for the long term and that gives us even more motivation to ensure that our district has the proper governance of resources, which will allow our students and teachers to thrive.
- Cultural competency – when we promote respect and understanding among all races and special needs for our students and teachers, we reduce bullying and instances of hate speech.
- Empower and protect our homeless youth – guide them to available school, city, county, and state resources.
- Support early childhood development – the earlier we start educating our children, the more successful they will be in school and beyond.
- Responsible spending - ensure that our tax dollars and $284 million bond funds have the right governance and oversight.
- Support STEAM education – promote balanced learning of Science & Technology, interpreted through Engineering and the Arts, all based in Mathematical elements.
With your help and vote, we can make a great impact and improve the lives of every student, teacher, and support staff in our Milpitas Unified School District.